Friday, November 26, 2010

The Not-So-Obvious Reasons We Should Be Thankful This Year

My daughters were asked to read from a Thank You book before Thanksgiving dinner this year.  I thought the words they read were well worth repeating.

Thank you for:

...a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means that I have a home.

...taxes that I pay because it means I have a job.

...the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

...my huge heating bill because it means I'm warm.

...the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear.

...my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

...the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.

...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: